Did you know that there are certain things you can do to help reverse diabetes? From healthy foods to diet and exercise, you can improve insulin usage. Continue reading to learn how to eat your way to health.
Rye contains phytonutrients that can help reverse type 2 diabetes. When rye is eaten, it remains in the stomach longer. Because rye takes longer to digest, glucose levels will not spike. Insulin resistance is caused when the body cannot produce enough insulin or use insulin properly to turn glucose into energy.
If you suffer with diabetes, you probably have inflammation in your body. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet can help prevent or reverse this condition. An anti-inflammatory diet consists of eating foods rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and detoxifying foods.
Eating often will help ensure that your glucose levels remain level. Instead of eating 3 large meals, which can cause insulin spikes, try eating 6 to 8 smaller meals throughout the day. A handful of nuts, such as almonds, can help slow digestion and level glucose levels.
What you eat is just as important as how often you eat. You should avoid simple carbohydrates if a diabetic. Instead, opt for complex carbs, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Additionally, when you eat carbohydrates, eat protein to help steady your blood sugar levels.
Wholefoods are the best option for those who have diabetes. Organic wholefoods are easier to digest by the body. Additionally, these foods contains more nutrients than processed foods, which will help improve the body’s ability to utilize the foods you consume.
Exercise is one of the best things you can do to lower your insulin resistance. Exercise reduces body fat, which can affect cellular communication. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day to lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Did you know that certain nutrients can turn back the diabetes disease? The following list of vitamins and minerals can help protect against diabetes.
– Magnesium helps the body properly metabolize glucose.
– Fish oil- The fatty acids in fish oil can lower inflammation in the body- one of the leading causes of diabetes.
– Calcium- Calcium is not only good for your bones and teeth; it can also improve glucose metabolism.
– Vitamin D- Vitamin D is the known as the sunshine vitamin. But did you know it can protect against developing diabetes.
– Chromium- Chromium is an important mineral needed for sugar metabolism.
– Antioxidants- Antioxidants help decrease inflammation in the body and protect against a variety of disease, including diabetes.
– B Vitamins- B vitamins, including B6, B12 and Biotin helps protect against neuropathy and enhances the body’s ability to use insulin.
You can reduce your risk and even reverse type 2 diabetes with herbs. These herbs can help enhance insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels: Evening Primrose, Cinnamon and Banana Leaf.
You can reverse diabetes in five easy steps. Follow the advice from this article to reverse insulin resistance. Reversing diabetes is possible with diet and exercise.